Choosing the right speakers is certainly one of the most critical decisions when buying a home theater or stereo. While center channel speakers and subwoofers have crucial roles to play, the sound quality and the sonic heavy lifting is done by the main speakers, and some of them are the small but very capable Bookshelf Speakers.
Bookshelf speakers come in all sizes and shapes and generally have better sound quality compared to other types of speakers. Most experts actually consider bookshelf speakers to be generally better at creating accurate soundstage.
Top 3 Best Bookshelf Speakers Under $200
If you are looking to purchase bookshelf speakers and would like to save a few bucks, well, lucky you because this article compiles the top 3 best bookshelf speakers under $200.
#1 Sony SSCS5 3-Way Bookshelf Speaker System
Specially created for sound, the Sony SSCS5 bookshelf speaker system is one of a kind. Manufacturer by the giant tech company Sony, these speakers are versatile enough to deliver unrivaled and distinguishable audio experience with an expansive soundstage such that you can feel the energy and passion of the original performance while harmoniously living with your existing living spaces. No special set up or listening is required, thanks to their superb Room-Filling Sound capability. You get to obtain a real experience right at the comfortable of your living space.
The system’s 3-way 3-driver allows you to hear the natural depth and enhances clarity in all your audio for an incredible listening experience. Thanks to its new Wide- Dispersion Super Tweeter, be prepared for natural sounding vocals that shoot straight to your heart. The Super Tweeter is specifically designed to skillfully deliver ultra-responsive, high-frequency audio response (goes up to 50kHz) which is super ideal for High-Resolution listening, in addition to wide directionality.
The Sony SSCS5 speakers effectively utilize unique, foamed mica woofer diaphragms where the upper surface delivers supple and faithful audio quality while the bottom surface subsequently leverages with great strength for a powerful bass response.
The system’s high-quality Optimized Crossover Componentry assures minimal signal loss for energetic vocal response, even with the most delicate nuances. Tight, powerful bass is realized through fine timing alignments across the entire frequency range, which in turn delivers a solid music foundation with sounds that rock your senses.
- Delivers rich, crisp audio, thanks to the wide-dispersion super tweeter
- High-quality crossover networks for minimal signal loss to ensure energetic vocal response
- Sturdy design- Features wood, bass-reflex enclosure with a cloth grille for durability
- 3-way speaker system- Sounds like a single source rather than separate sources
- Dual-layer delivers powerful, right bass response
- Most reviews are positive on Amazon Customer Reviews and other product review websites, so no cons for the system
#2 Yamaha NS-6490 3-Way Bookshelf Speakers
If you are looking to upgrade your current home theater or stereo system, the Yamaha NS-6490 3-Way Bookshelf speakers are one of your best bets. In fact, if you are looking to save a few bucks, they are one of the best bookshelf speakers under $200.
The 3-Way speakers were specifically designed for both professional and home entertainment, thanks to their capability to deliver a rich, room-filling, full, crisp clear, tight, and high fidelity sound response. They utilize an ultra-wide frequency response (45KHz-23KHz), 4” midrange driver, impressive 8” high-output woofer,7/8” Ferro-fluid Cooled balanced-dome tweeter, the sensitivity of 90 dB, and 70W- 140W of power.
Totally impressive, these speakers feature an Acoustic Suspension Design which creates less bass distortion especially when your music or videos hit low frequencies. The acoustic suspension design comes with Magnetic Shielding which prevents interference or distortion of your television image.
The elastic cushion of air within the sealed enclosure significantly reduces the physical stiffness of the woofer.
With their dimensions reaching 16.2” in height, 13.2” in depth, and 10.5” in width, these elegant bookshelf speakers can easily blend with any house design and can, therefore, be added in any of your home components sound system; front, rear, or even as auxiliary speakers for another room.
- Can be added to any home component sound system and fits in perfectly with house design
- Excellent sound performance- 3 drivers that work harmoniously together to provide impressive sound output
- Safely handles 70W-140W of continuous and peak amplifier power
- Magnetically shielded to prevent interference with television image
- High-Frequency Response and high-sensitivity
- Acoustic suspension design which creates less bass distortion in low frequencies
- Gold-plated terminals
- Luxuriously finished cabinet
- A customer on Amazon complained over-powering bass and the mids were lacking
#3 Klipsch KB-15 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers
Small but mighty, this Klipsch Icon series will blow your mind away. And they only go pretty affordable.
The Klipsch KB-15 bookshelf speakers fill small to medium rooms with powerful, lifelike performances as they utilize Klipsch’s Tractrix Horn Technology- this means more output using less energy, reduced distortion, improved reliability, and a large soundstage with well-defined imaging.
The speakers come with an enhanced Aluminum tweeter with linear travel suspension which allows the high-frequency driver move back and forth in a seamless motion, thereby creating less distortion and detailed highs.
You get to enjoy hours of accurate, non-fatiguing listening pleasure via these minimalist speakers.
Uniquely finished in an exquisite black ash woodgrain vinyl veneer cabinet, these impressive speakers will complement any room décor with their modern elegance.
Creatively designed with Klipsch’s four principles as the foundation for excellent sound quality: the high frequency with reduced distortion, flat frequency response, controlled directivity, and wide dynamic range, you will absolutely enjoy the stunningly powerful and crisp sound these speakers provide.
- Highly efficient design that produces more output with less energy
- Excellent sound quality, thanks to its Tractrix Horn Technology
- Plays loudly with less distortion
- Accurate and non-fatiguing listening for many hours of listening pleasure
- Equally impressive with audio tracks and videos
- Striking, elegant finish to complement any decor
- Room-filling sounds for small to medium rooms
- Sturdy construction- strong and highly durable
- High sensitivity-94dB
- Lack decent/adequate bass
- No discernible difference in volume, well, until about 70 Hz and drops to 30Hz
Well, there you have it- the best bookshelf speakers under $200. Hopefully, you will be able to make an informed decision when purchasing this time round.
I am Founder & Editor of Speaker Hunter. My mission is to make buying a new Speakers as easy and quick as possible by bringing you high-quality Speakers reviews of the most popular models all in one place.